2. Children's PrivacyWe do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals who are under the minimum required ages specified here. You must be at least 16 years old to be an account holder. Individuals under the 16 are encouraged to use our services only through a parent or legal guardian's account and with their involvement. If you are a parent or legal guardian who believes your child has provided personal information to TraderKidz without your consent, you may ask us to delete such information by contacting us at email@example.com.
3. Data We Collect About YouWe collect information about you when you use our services. In addition, third parties may collect information about you when you use our services. Collected information may include or reflect personal information that could identify you, as well as non-personal information. We refer to your information as "your data" for short.
Account InformationTo create an account, you must provide a valid email address and password. If you choose to sign-up and/or authenticate using a third-party account (e.g. Facebook, Google), you authorise us to obtain account information from the third-party platform.
Financial InformationTo make a purchase, you may need to provide a valid payment method (e.g.credit card or PayPal account). Your payment information will be collected and processed by our authorised payment vendor. We do not directly collect or store credit or debit card numbers ourselves in the ordinary course of processing transactions.
If you wish to sell items or earn money through the TraderKidz service, you must provide an account to receive funds, which may include your name, address, and bank account number.
Content Accountholders may create an account and upload items to give away or sell. Your profile may display information about you and your activities. This information may be accessed by others. Your items may be viewed and otherwise accessed by others, and associated metadata (e.g., titles, descriptions, tags, etc.) are viewable by others. Your interactions with other users (e.g., comments, "likes," private messages) may be seen by others.
Other Information You May SubmitYou may submit data to us for limited purposes such as requesting customer support; answering a questionnaire; participating in a study or survey; entering contests or competitions; or signing up to receive communications from us or another user.
Automatically-Collected InformationWe automatically collect certain types of data when you use our services, regardless of whether you have an account. This data includes your IP address, technical information about your device (e.g., browser type, operating system, basic device information), the web page you visited or search query you entered before reaching us, and your activities. We may track your activities using cookies and similar technologies. By using our services, you agree to our use of these methods.
Physical ProductsWe collect your shipping address to send you products you have ordered or for buyers to pickup products they have purchased from you.
Information Collected by Third PartiesSome third parties may collect data about you when you use our services. This may include data you submit (such as payment information) or automatically-collected information (in the case of third-party analytics providers and advertising partners).
We may obtain data from third parties about you. We may combine that data with information that we have collected. For example, some advertisers or advertising platforms may allow us to determine what other online services you might use so that we may place relevant ads on those services.
4. How We Use Your DataWe may use your data for the following purposes:
Identification and authentication: We use your data to verify you when you access your account.
Operating our services: We use your data to provide our services, help process items you buy or sell and to provide customer support. We (and/or our third-party vendors) use your financial information to process purchases made by you and to pay you amounts you have earned through listing and selling your items.
Communicating with you: We use your data when we communicate with you (e.g., when we respond to a customer support or other inquiry).
Improving our services: We use your data to understand how our services are being used and how we can improve them. In general, we analyse aggregated data, rather than specific user data. We may, however, need to analyse a specific case to address a specific problem (e.g., a bug that affects only a few accounts).
Customising your experience: We use your data to personalise the service to you. This may include remembering your preferences for displaying products that you may be interested in.
Marketing and advertising: We use your data to show you ads on third-party sites. We may also use your data in delivering third-party advertisements to you. This may include "targeted ads" based upon your activities.
Exercising our rights: Where reasonably necessary, we use your data to exercise our legal rights and prevent abuse of our service. For example, we may use your data to detect and prevent fraud, spam, or content that violates our Terms of Service.
Legal compliance: We use your data where we are legally required to do so. For example, we may need to gather your data to respond to a subpoena or court order.
Protecting your information: Where appropriate, we may anonymise, backup, and delete certain data.We may use algorithms and other automated means to implement any of the above.
5. With Whom We Share Your DataWe share data with third parties as follows:
As you instruct: We may make your profile available to others as you instruct in using our services. We may share your data with persons to whom you have granted account-level access.
With your consent: We may share your data with third parties where we have obtained your express consent to do so.
Authorised vendors: We may share your data with third-party vendors that help us operate our services, process orders, and comply with your instructions and our contractual obligations. This includes payment processors, cloud-based hosting services, monitoring services, email service providers, quality assurance and testing vendors, fraud and abuse prevention vendors, customer relations management (CRM) vendors, and shipment vendors.
Advertising: We may share your data with advertising companies to display relevant ads to you.
Analytics: We may share your data with analytics providers which help us understand how customers are using our services.
Affiliates and advisors: We may share your data with our auditors and advisors for planning, financial reporting, accounting, auditing, tax filings, and legal compliance. We may share your data with our affiliates to the extent necessary to provide you with the services ordered.
Certain legal situations: We may share your data where we believe disclosure is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
Aggregated or anonymised information: We may publicly disclose non-personal aggregated or anonymised information such as our number of visitors and registered users.
We use reasonable efforts to vet vendors for their privacy and data security practices. We require that such vendors agree to protect the data we share.
6. Legal and Safety-Related DisclosuresWe may disclose your data in response to official requests (e.g., court orders, subpoenas, search warrants, etc.) ("requests") that we receive from government authorities or parties to legal proceedings. We handle requests in accordance with New Zealand law. If the request originates from a foreign jurisdiction, we will typically disclose information where we in good faith believe that disclosure is permitted by both New Zealand law and local law. In all cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us, in our sole discretion.
We may disclose user data where we reasonably believe that someone's life is at risk. For example, if we become aware of a person threatening to commit suicide, we may share that person's data with appropriate entities that may have the ability to help.
We may disclose user data to report suspected crimes. This includes reporting content suspected of exploiting minors along with the data identifying the uploading user.
7. Data RetentionWe retain your data for as long as you have an account. When you close an account, we will delete its content, including its listings. We may retain logs of automatically collected information (for internal analytics and security purposes); your email address; your tax information; communications with you; and your transactional information (for auditing, tax, and financial purposes). When we no longer have a business reason for retaining data, we will delete or anonymise it.
If we receive legal process pertaining to your account, we will retain your data for as long as we in good faith believe is necessary to comply with the legal process. Similarly, if we believe that your account has been involved in wrongdoing, we may preserve your data to defend or assert our rights.
8. Request data deletion
If you wish to have your data deleted from our systems, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name and TraderKidz login email address. We will then delete all the data we have for you and notify you when this has been done by return email. Please allow 7 days for this to be completed.
9. Communications from Us